Sunday, November 25, 2012

November Free Motion Quilting Challenge

With my machine back, and a few of my projects still under construction, I decided to take a break and just practice some free motion quilting.  I'm awaiting thread for the one that was the most fun for me, so I'll show that later.  

But, for now, I'll show my November Challenge first.
 
These were my practice spirals.  The largeness of the pattern and the small throat of my machine actually made these kind of wonky.  But, in a way they are cute.

The quilt is ready for binding.
The last challenge ended with my practice as my machine broke down, so yesterday I worked on this sample using some different choices of thread and design:
This one was my first one that I blogged about earlier:



I'm not very good at using templates, but I wanted to try the April challenge provided by Don Lind.  I'm not too happy with the results and maybe after more practice it would be okay, but I just prefer to do free motion from my head with a general idea of where I'm going.
So that's what I've been doing for part of my time for the last two days.  We've also been moving mothin-in-law to another apartment and shredding years of papers.  I saved some of her cotton chambray skirts for quilting fabric.  Should make some nice boys quilts.  Still lots to finish there, but we should have it done before the end of the month.  The complex graciously gave us the extra time!!!  Thank goodness! 

1 comment:

Quilter said...

I find with stencils I have to slow way down. Keep practicing.