Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Putting into Practice the Swirls

With a recent challenge using swirls, I took what I learned and put them into the quilting of a donation quilt I had ready to quilt.  I like how they worked into the quilt pattern.





A little closer look:
And on bit closer:
I used organic lines around the perimeter of the quilt.  I'll bind it today for Project Linus.

Here is a quilt I finished and gave to a friend Sunday:
and then the other swirls I used is finished in a quilt for Project Linus:
I'm making my way slowly but surely through my UFO's!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Your swirls look "Seussian." And that's a good thing!

Delicate Stitchers said...

I just read a blog about always finishing a project before starting a new one. Such a concept! Good for you getting your UFO's done... I need to re-focus on that!

Quilting Babcia said...

The swirls are perfect for your Cat in the Hat quilt! I love the way you pieced that one too. You've accomplished a lot in just a short time.

QuiltSue said...

Well you have been busy, and now have several great looking quilts to show for it.

The Quilting Elf said...

All of your recent finishes are great! I love the colors in the pinwheels and that Seuss quilt is just downright fun!

Kathy T. in Tampa