Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Bright January Finish for a Sunless Day!

The quilt I started Sunday got finished yesterday.  After all my worries, I really quite like it.  Blue and yellow are always bright in a quilt.  Now where to donate.  I think I'll keep it to send to Project Linus--or maybe keep it in my stash for awhile as last year I needed a boys quilt--like really soon!

This is the quilt as I finished it
And then I snapped another picture after it was washed.  The washing does make the quilting seem less irregular.
Some up close pictures of the different motifs I chose
Now, onto another quilting project, but I'll wait a bit before posting.

Hair appointment day!  WhaaHooo!

A cool snapshot DH caught while coming home Tuesday evening just at the right time for this shot.

Linking over to Whoop Whoop 
Linking over to Finished Friday
Linking over to Crazy Mom Quilts 

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your little boy quilt - fast finish! And your snow photo looks a lot like us - snow, cold, clouds, sun trying to find a way out.

Quilting Babcia said...

Sweet quilt - I love the colors. Here the sun isn't even making an effort - unceasing fog and gloom for the past week. But it makes it easy to decide to stay home and quilt, lol!

Bridget said...

Love your quilting because it's almost like a sampler. Good way to practice free motion. Thanks for the inspiration.

sophie said...

Yay! Finished! And it looks great, too.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on a great finish. Love that you used lots of different quilt patterns - they add extra texture and fun :)

Shasta Matova said...

Very nice - great quilt. I really like the quilting on it, it really adds a lot of life to the quilt.

Sara said...

Pretty quilt! Have fun getting your hair done!

Sarah Craig said...

Awesome boy's quilt!! Love the colors you chose. Whoop whoop!!