Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Snow Day! Oh, I'm Having Sew Much Fun!

More snow today!  It is really piling up.  I haven't seen this much snow since I visited Buffalo, NY in the 60's!

The other day as I went through all my binding cut off corners, I made stars.  Yesterday, while making a doll quilt, I found the cutest fabric and decided to cut it into 6.5 inch squares.  This morning I thought to myself--I think I have the beginnings of another quilt.   YEP!  Sure do!

A close up:
I love these wonky stars!  I have so much fun sprinkling them through quilts.  They seem to have my own personality in them!

SEW--back to the sewing table!
 

3 comments:

sophie said...

I love your stars and that you made them from those little triangles cut from your binding. I realized yesterday that both of the shoo fly doll quilts (one with tall shoo flies and one with wonky ones) I'm finally quilting were made because I wanted to use some little triangle off-cuts. They really can be the start of some creative fun.

Quilting Babcia said...

Love this little quilt! Don't we all have tons of those little triangles?! That and ends of strips, all for these fun little quilts.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just caught that the black fabrick has music notes - duh! Love whimsical stars, they are fun to make and to sparkle up a quilt.