Thursday, January 31, 2013

January's NEW FO

A Challenge over at Cat Patches to start something new each month is something I'm trying again this year.  Last year I didn't get many entries, but this year it's on my monthly check sheet!  I'll see how well I can do.

Monday, my sister called me and asked if I had any quilts that were 41 x 42 for her to use as window coverings to block out the light.  I have a quilt that is done that I can send and it's a bit longer, but she said that would work.  Last night I cut strings for another.  I was going to do a different kind of block, but, I ended up doing my favorite "go to" block when I'm in a hurry.  So far I have the center piece done for this quilt now--just need to sew it together, add a border or two and then quilt it.

It looks like I'm going to have to devote a day or two to some quilting!  

This is a top from New Years Day Sewing:
 And Saturday I started a Rainbow Challenge to use up scraps.  I finished the center of the top yesterday.  I have some pale pink Kona that I think I'll use as a border.
Then I have the one thing that I finished and originally thought was my only NewFO for January. 


 With all the snow and the horrible air quality here in Utah, I've stayed in and sewed quite a bit.  The air has cleared and I think I'll do some badly needed grocery shopping this afternoon.


8 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

A lot of great projects. That first string quilt window cover will look like stained glass with light shining through it!

Sandy said...

You started a lot of great projects this month. They are all beautiful.

rubyslipperz said...

These sure look fun! I really like the purple center strings...ooo...aaaah. =)

hugz,
annie

Barbara said...

What pretty projects. I love the colors in your top image.

QuiltSue said...

I love the colours in your new quilt.

Teresa said...

I am visiting from Richard and Tanya Quilts blog and love your string quilts. I have plans to do one for a pro bono quilt challenge using our challenge fabric. I've been very busy finishing my first crazy shortcut quilt for a client. Shipped it yesterday, so ready for something new.

Newbie Jen said...

Your top from New Year's Day is lovely! Love the color!

KatieQ said...

You really have a lot of great projects for January. I always love your string quilts, but the purple one is really cute.