Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pink Isn't Something I Have a Lot Of

This morning while viewing my blog list, I came upon a scrap challenge ScrapHappy and I had this basket of pink/green scraps and decided to make them into some blocks.

About six hours later, I have these wonky log cabins--I say wonky because sometimes my dyslexia gets the most of me and the blocks aren't quite perfect.  So--wonky they are!

 

These are 12 inch blocks and then I have a stack of 20 blocks that I'll need to add to in order to bring them up to size. 

A little come lately to this challenge, but I feel good about what I have done.  I wanted to take a trip to the store and look for some pinks to add to them so that I could finish, but it is so foggy outside that I decided to stay home.

These blocks can either be used in a quilt, or saved for the June Sunshine Lotto which is pink and green and that's why I had this little basket of scraps.

Pretty good for a Saturday don't ya think?!

11 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Great blocks! I was hunting for scraps the other day for Lori's Abundance quiltalong at Humble Quilts, and found I hardly had enough light pinks to make even one block!

Scrapatches said...

Your pink and green blocks are very pretty and bright ... :) Pat

Barbara said...

I love pink and green together. These look good!

scraphappy said...

You did a lot with a days work. What a nice collection of blocks. Welcome to the RSC!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the pink and green - lovely bunch of cabin blocks!

Edith said...

I'm impressed with what you got done today. I love pink and green together.

Helen in the UK said...

The perfect way to spend a foggy Saturday! Congrats on turning some pretty scraps into some really great blocks :)

Sarah said...

Lovely and fresh. Makes me think of summer!

Sheila said...

I love your pink and green blocks. Those colors play so nicely together :)

Deb said...

I love wonky log cabin blocks. Yours are wonderful

Cathy Tomm said...

Love your pink and green blocks. They are my favorite colours to use together.