Friday, January 18, 2013

Quilt Along Fun!

I noticed a cute block on Amy's Creative Side and I decided I wanted to try this one.  It was so easy!
So then I linked on over to Persimmon Dreams for more info and made this log cabin
Sorry they are both a little crooked but they measure 12.5 inches. 

I read about choosing colors for this and decided to go to a lingering fat quarter set I'd purchased a couple of years ago and picked out some colors that would go with the cream colored fabric I found yesterday and off I went.  Go HERE and go to the bottom for selection choice info.  I love Diane's fabric choice, but I'm just starting to get into fabrics like that so I guess I'll go with my "no buy" until I've used up some of my more traditional fabrics.

I added a link to my side bar for easily getting to the "My Favorite Block Quilt Along."

Now I have some HST that I think I'm going to work into Amy's favorite block.  I'll add it later to this post.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your 'favorite' blocks! I'm just using up what I have too.