Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's Snowing Again! When Will Spring Come?

Big white fluffy flakes!  We could get as much as a foot of snow before this storm wears out.  We're all weary of winter, except for the die hard skiers!

So, I quilt!
This is a quilt for my sister.  It's liberated in that it isn't for a wall, but for a window.  I have another almost like it for the second one.  I'm just waiting on a shipment of batting for the other one to get started.  Because it's for a window covering, I quilted it more than I usually do for quilts.


Before I started quilting it, I decided to add one more border.  I couldn't decide between the two and at first I added the lighter tone, and now with the darker around the edge, I like it better.

I used several types of quilting.
I'm wanting to go just do some mindless sewing, or piecing or something, but I'll get to the border soon, as my sis needs this by mid month.


Linking up to a Whoop Whoop Here

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the soft earthiness to this. Sno - yeah, it's headed our way too (tonight) so I have plenty of 'inside' things planned.

Teresa Nance said...

I LOVE your quilt! It is beautiful! You can keep the snow. I'm ready for spring. LOL

KatieQ said...

I love the soft blend of colors with the punch of white. The idea of using it on a window is great.