Saturday, February 2, 2013

RSC13 Saturday--Purple

Have you ever had some fabric that you just didn't want to cut?  Well, I've had some deep purple with red birds--quite a bit in fact and I got all the yardage that was left on the sale table--maybe 3-4 yards.  I don't remember and I've used some.  It is lovely fabric and I got it for $1 a yard!  Unbelievable!!  That said, I've cut into it for some practice on some blocks.

The photo shows up more black and it is a dark purple--just rich!

Then last summer I made a quilt using charms and some funny colored lavender and I had some strips left and when I found my purple scraps I had a few pieces that I could make into 5 inch blocks.
I'll put these away for now and use a variety of colors for a quilt.  I think it will be fun to see what shows up to the matching party...

Linking over to Scrap Happy Here

9 comments:

Edith said...

I have trouble cutting into some fabric as well and I had a similar colour problem with my dark purples this month looking black. Nice set of blocks you have there.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great blocks! I think many of us have "untouchables" in our stash...

Ellen said...

Great blocks. I also have several different fabrics in my stash that are all waiting for the 'right' project.

Ellen said...

Great blocks. I also have several different fabrics in my stash that are all waiting for the 'right' project.

Sheila said...

I totally understand what you are saying.
I like your blocks.

scraphappy said...

So glad you found a reason to use your special fabric.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks. Fun to use the special fabric.

Teresa Nance said...

I love purple. Purple and red are my two utmost favorite colors. I know you hated to cut into that purple fabric. It is going to be beautiful!

Deb A said...

I've had a yard of one in the stash for at least 12 years... maybe longer. Still have not found the 'right' project for it! Great job on your blocks.