Sunday, March 31, 2013

It's Been Awhile!

On my recent trip to Atlanta, I came back with three orders for quilts.  The quilt I started, now needs 3 strings to finish it.  They have to be a certain Kaufman Batik.  I scoured the internet yesterday for hours.  I finally ordered a fat quarter pack from Craftsy where I first purchased the same pack.  I hope that fabric is still in this pack!  Otherwise, I will have to change the quilt.

This is my first setting--gotta change it up I can see...
the next one...
and the one I'll be using...

I took one block out that didn't seem to be working and now I just have three blocks left.  The border can then be added.  The man wanted green and I hope he likes this.  If not, I could use it in my house as a wall hanging!  I love the lime green.  I think it sets things off rather well.  So much for getting my stash of batiks used up with the orders I've got coming in.  I guess that's how things go in quiltland!

I just barely clicked in on why I like the string quilts so much!  They remind me of the Native American Eye of God!


I sent this little post card off for a swap.  I think making these postcards with freedom is hard, because the post card is so small.  Next time, I'm going to try something totally different.  This is on some hand dyed yellow that I did myself.
Got a call this a.m. from GD.  Plain and simple, "When can I come sleepover?"  We have a quilt that we started the other day and she's wanting to get it finished.  A friend in the neighborhood had a baby and she wants to give that new baby a quilt!  She's really good at putting the blocks together...just wait til you see what's she's done!

All the stars I had made and put aside for this
are now used in other quilts.  I have four at the quilter's and one for GD and then one with my twist on modern.  Maybe I'll get to quilting that one later today. 


3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your strings do look like 'Gods Eye' - never thought of that. Enjoy your time with DG and Happy Easter.

Cyndi said...

Thanks for the idea for what to do with some little wonky stars I had sitting around. I like the concept of alternating them with a solid/print block. That way I don't have to make a bunch more for a decent-sized quilt - I can use the ones I have. I guess that's item #45 on my UFO list!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the way your string quilt is coming together, and yes, that lime green is perfect!