Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Cardinal

When I joined in on the Doll Quilt Swap, I didn't know how much fun it would be.  The sidebar on my blog has a link. Or Use this

My partner for this month was Carol over at Giraffe Dreams  What she probably doesn't know is what a mentor for creative, liberated quilting she has been to me.  (Thanks, Carol!)

Anyhow, this is the cute quilt that arrived yesterday.


A close up of the cute quilting she used.

Thanks a bunch, Carol.  Along in the package came some "carrots" from hazelnut chocolate and an informative card about Minnesota. Never one to be a great student of geography it was full of information about a part of the USA I've never been.

Thanks again, Carol.

Since my return from Atlanta, I've been trying to get some loose ends done and it seems I can't get very far very fast.  Especially when I spent the afternoon and evening going through a household change moving hubby's computer to the kitchen desk and then rearranging the "junk" that had accumulated there.  Now--when I pay bills, will I be able to remember where I put those envelopes?  Will it take 21 days or in the case of once a month bill paying, 21 months!  Hope it doesn't take too long!  Hubby is glad for a new home for his laptop and the little desk that housed it is out on the curb with a sign, "Free Stuff"  If it's not gone by afternoon, I know it will be taken to the second hand store.  The little desk was a purchase that we could have avoided if we'd have reorganized all that stuff from the beginning.  Alas, sometimes, it just takes awhile to get to some tasks!  ...like 5 years?!!!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How cute!! Love Cardinals and this is so full of whimsy to boot - lucky you.

Carol E. said...

Wow, I'm a quilting mentor?? Kinda scary, but humbling. How do you get those words written on top of a photo?