GD wanted a pillow. So we found a spare block and made it into a pillow top. I had an extra pillow form, so we made a pillow cover for the pillow.
She found some cute animal fabric the other day and we cut it to make a medallion center and then she added some wonky stars I had set aside on another quilt. We used some crumb blocks and voila, a new top. I got it quilted and bound yesterday and now it's ready for her to take home for a friend's baby.
I tried a batting that was an iron on type, but after using it, I'd rather just use a100% cotton and press the fabric to it as I've shown on the tutorial on my sidebar. It works just as well when I press the fabric onto the cotton batting and the cotton is softer to quilt with than that batting with the spray adhesive. After washing, though, it did turn out nice and soft and you would have never known it was stiff before I washed it.