Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's Beginning to Look Like Spring

It's been awhile coming, but my almond bush is now blossoming so I know spring is officially here.

Here is a quilt I sent my sister.  After I visited her, I realized how much she like pink, so I sent her this quilt.
The flowering almond bush makes a great setting for this quilt.

The butterflies quilted into the quilt should make her happy as she likes butterflies too.



I sent off the Doll Quilt for the month of April.  The theme was birthday, since this is the one year birthday for the Doll Quilt Swap.  See the side border if you'd like to join in on the fun.  

 Of course I had a bit of trouble squaring this quilt up and it didn't turn out quite squared, but I did have fun with it.  

I also received a post card from the UK the other day.  I'm amazed at the quilting skills on this one!
I keep wanting to opt out of the group, cause my cards don't look this good, but then maybe I'll learn a thing or two from those that send them to me.  This one is lovely!

My quilter brought back the two string quilts and they look lovely.  I don't know when I'll get them bound though as I have a little excursion coming up.

The sun is shining and I'm looking forward to maybe turning the heat off today!

Have a great, spring day!


4 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your pink quilt with butterflies is adorable! What a perfect photo setting.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, the pink quilt is just wonderful and the butterfly quilting just adds to the fun of it.

barbara woods said...

i have 4 of those bushes and no one new what they were called. thank you

Kathleen C said...

I love the pink quilt you made for your sister: Pink is pretty. I especially like your liberated blocks and the way you've put them together. You're really good at liberated patchwork! Our Lib-Quilters Yahoo group would love to see your photos, Pattilou.