Thursday, April 18, 2013

Off to the Quilt Shop

I started a bright birthday type doll quilt for my partner for April and now I don't have enough of anything for the binding...

Here's a sneak peek

So, I'll be visiting a nearby quilt store today.  I have a 20% off coupon I need to use anyhow before the end of April.  Was there any doubt I wouldn't use it?   :) 

Just finished this little quilt for my MIL.  I found some embroidery that she had done a number of years ago.  I soaked it in Oxyclean to take the yellowing out and I made it into this quilt to hang on her door at the assisted living place where she lives.  She'll be 96 in May.


Linking to Finish Friday

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OK - this looks way too cute! Enjoy your shopping.

Heather P said...

Beautiful quilt. She'll love it!

knitnkwilt said...

What a lovely idea to make a quilt from embroidery for her door! And it looks good too.

Helen in the UK said...

The embroidery looks wonderful made into a mini-quilt. I bet it will be a great conversation piece :)

Sue Daurio said...

That is wonderful!!

KatieQ said...

The door hanging with your MIL's embroidery is lovely. The quilting really makes it outstanding.