Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ready to Quilt

Now it's ready to quilt. I'm not sure how I'll quilt it or what thread to use. I'll think on it while I sew together the green "Eye of God". My quilting is usually a little more free form that this quilt calls for. It may be quite a challenge for me. It used nearly a yard of the burgundy. Was going to do maybe one more border, but this is now the "end." The triangles around the second border are just like I did them on the first quilt like this...a little off from the pattern, but then whose going to have the pattern to look at??? This was a New Year's Mystery quilt. I had it in my mind that it took forever to do... I guess when you only get one clue a month, this much would have taken 4 months. LOL :-)
 
I've searched the internet for the link to this pattern and the only link I could find was this
I'm glad I had the presence of mind to save the pattern, even though I swore I'd never make it again.  This is what my friend picked as his "thank you" for chauffeuring me around Atlanta.  
 
This is the quilt my sister has and the one he had his eye on.
   The fabrics I found are pretty close to what I had used before.  I'll be so glad to finish this one and send it on.  I'll post a finish when I do.

Friday P.S.
I have some of the rust fabric left that I could make a border from.  I'm not sure.  If I add anymore then I'll need to piece the backing.  If I bind it in the rust fabric it'll give more of that brown feel.  I've spent a lot of time of this already and it is a gift--and I don't want it to be really out of proportion in relation to the chauffeuring to and from the airport while I was in Atlanta.  One more border around the edge could maybe finish is off a bit.  

What do you think?  Please leave a comment.

Sharing on Whoop Whoop

3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

I like the darker border on the second version,but I think a dark binding would achieve nearly the same effect. If it was me .... I HATE piecing backings, so that would probably be the decider :)

LynCC said...

ooo It's nice. :) I do think a thin rust border would be nice for it.

Little Quilt Shop said...

Very nice! hope you are doing well!! Just finished the top of my Doll Quilt going to Canada this month...now to quilt it..Happy Spring!!