Monday, April 15, 2013

Ready to Quilt

I've been really busy piecing these two quilts.  Now that they are done with that part, I'm a bit lost, but soon I'll be getting them ready to quilt.

I went with the warm tones, and then decided to try a color combo using cool with the greens, something like deep within a forest.  The sashing strips were 1 inch before sewing.  Think I'll need to get some tweezers if I do that again.  I do like the effect of the small strips though.



I never tire from doing string quilts.  They are fun to just let oneself work with the fabrics and the colors and then the design flows from there.

It's snowing today in Utah.  Spring surprise!

Have a happy, creative week!

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love them both! I think SPring is going to avoid us this year -

Debbie said...

These both look so good....can't decide which one I like best. I agree string quilts are so much fun and very addictive.

mkhquilts said...

They are both lovely!

Quilting Babcia said...

It's cold here in Oregon too. I love both of these quilts, but today the first one's my favorite because it looks WARM!

Quiltsmiles said...

Pattilou, Your quilting always makes me smile and love the differnt ways you use those string blocks. Both are Beautifully done!

Helen in the UK said...

Loving those string creations. We are enjoying a touch of spring here in the UK (although the wind can be cold)... could be wintery again any time though :)

Alycia said...

Those are really pretty colors!

Fleur de Lis Quilts said...

Wow two for one! Love the colors and design in both quilts. I've been inspired to start my own string quilt now. Hope to post something about them soon.