Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Finished Feels Great!

I've been to California and back and now finally catching up!  I finished the quilt that I've shown before.
I love the lime green binding on this one.  The quilting turned out even better than I could have imagined.










Then this one:


What a day I had yesterday.  I went to get some bloodwork done and couldn't find Labworks in Ogden.  I asked someone, and still couldn't find it.  I thought I had Google map and it was Yahoo and giving me incomplete information.  So after about 1 1/2 hours trying to find the place on a fasting mindset, I headed to Bountiful which is about 30 minutes away to try their lab.  So at 10:30 rather than the 8:00 a.m. I'd hoped for, I found I was too dehydrated to give blood.  It just wouldn't go up the needle.  Bummer!  With a severe headache I stopped for some breakfast only to find it was lunchtime!  ...and that was just the beginning.  But last night during NCIS I finished the handwork on the above quilts and felt a little less disoriented.  It took a whole day for my nerves to unravel and the water to get through my system again.  Today, I'm still trying to rehydrate and then I'll try again tomorrow, drinking water in the a.m.  Wish someone would have told me sooner that I could fast and drink water.  Oh well.  Another experience in life!!

It was also my MIL's birthday, yesterday.
96!

3 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

How lovely your quilts are, and I especially love the way the colors all meld together in the first one!
So sorry you had a rough day yesterday, I never understood the fasting part before bloodwork - why they don't want to test it the way it is normally is beyond my feeble comprehension. It's on a par with fasting before surgery so you're dehydrated and they can't find the vein to insert the i.v.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Always love your string quilts.

Helen in the UK said...

Your quilting looks amazing - great job :)