Friday, May 31, 2013

My May New FO

Finally got a couple of new starts for ME!  The past couple of weeks I've really been keeping Bernie busy, and I've wanted to finish off some scraps into blocks and then into quilts, but the really fun thing for me is that I have started something for ME!  I've needed some table runners and place mats that don't show the black from the newsprint as much as the white ones that I presently have.  (DH can't start a morning without the paper!)

I purchased a few packs of some nickels and decided on an easy pattern that would work up easily.  I was able to even get more of the coordinating fabric for fill in so I still have two packs left!

Yesterday I got them sandwiched for quilting and soon they will be completed!  Three place mats is perfect.  We usually just have one other person over, and if we have more, I use a table cloth.  Can't wait to get these finished.

The other day I saw a cute table runner in a magazine and got an idea.  Over a year ago I finished up this cute thing

and for all that time, I've had a cookie sheet of 1.5 inch squares sitting on the floor awaiting something.  I was just too lazy to sort them or do anything with them, so they just stayed on that cookie sheet under a table in my sewing room.  TaDa  then the picture in the magazine led me to finish this top and yesterday I even got it sandwiched and now the cookie sheet is gone and I have a new project from sort of old pieces!  Bonanza!
This month I also made some fun little mats for the girls that I went with to California in April.  One of the gals had collected shells and made a cute candle holder for them.
The candle holder made us all laugh because the cute condo we stayed in had one like it with a little note that the candle could be taken outside if we wanted.  The owner had the cutest notes all over in the condo and a huge 3 ring binder of things to do in Newport Beach.  It was such a fun place to stay and now we all have a vacation memo!  ...girls will be girls!

So now that the month is nearing its close, I feel like I've accomplished a lot.  My new projects for self are going to someone who will appreciate them!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Go on over to Cat Patches  more more New FO Challenge finishes for May.

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hmm, I should make some placemats - love how you used you 'cookie try' pretties!

Barbara Stanbro said...

I love those browns and tans. Very pretty. You have some cute projects going on. Thanks for linking up today.

Kate said...

Great use of scraps in your table runner. Very pretty placements.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Nice table runner and placemats! Love the colors. ~Jeanne

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your new projects. You make so much for others its nice that you have spent some time making something for yourself too :)

Tami C said...

I need to make some new place mats and I really like the ones you made. Thanks for the idea! You got quite a few thing done this month. Good for you!

Quilting Babcia said...

One of these days there will be some new placemats on our table - great projects. I love the neutrals you used in your mats.

Sandy said...

Very cute projects! It's nice to do something for yourself once in a while, isn't it?