Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday's Report

I'm not very original in the title of my post today.  I'm just trying to finish up projects.  My client's fabric arrived this week and I am stoked about it, but I still have some loose ends I'd like to finish and my week hasn't cooperated.  When hubby asked me what I was going to do today, I replied, "What I didn't get to yesterday!"  But, then I did forget that I finished the binding on this quilt that I've blogged about before.
After finishing it last night hubby asked if I wasn't going to wash it.  Well, they are much lovelier after they've been washed so I did.  I didn't grab a photo before washing, but it is so nice the way it puffs up.
Another shot:
and the backing:
This quilt really appealed to one of my sister's and since it's her birthday next week, I'll be mailing it off to her! 
I did get three quilts ready for binding.
and then this one from my lotto wins at Sunshine Yahoo Group.
That photo looks a bit blurry.  Sorry about that, but now the quilt hanger is gone for his workout.  LOL!
See the finished quilts HERE:
I visited a nursery near our home.  I think its been here for awhile, but this is the first time I went and I can assure you, it won't be the last.  We've been driving way too far for the other nursery.  I could kick myself for not stopping sooner!  They had some lovely starts!  ...and baskets galore!
Have a lovely productive Friday and a super weekend!

Linking over to Whoop Whoop Friday

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I really like the leaf motif! Yes, lovely flowers, especially the terracotta pot one - just super.

Kate said...

Gorgeous soft colors, I want it too! And I see one of my lotto blocks! Kathleen

knitnkwilt said...

I may have liked these before, not sure, but twice is better than not at all--so I'll risk repeating.

On the strips, I really like the effect of the muted tones and the very narrow sashing. On the next one I just love how our "crumbs" have become modern design!

And on the lotto, I think I see one of my blocks, always fun.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely flowers and Beautiful quilts all in the same post! Perfect!!

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like you've achieved loads, as usual! No wonder your sister fell for that quilt, the subtle colours are wonderful. Congrats on all your finishes :)