Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Opportunities

Each summer presents new opportunities and this week I got to share a few days with a granddaughter.  It's always nice to get that call and hear her ask if she can have a sleepover!

We made a dress for her and her doll--sorry no pics.  I was glad I had one 2 yard piece left in a pink/green print that she liked!  I don't have many of those pieces anymore.  I've been trying to use up my stash and that helped. 

I did get this quilt bound at the first of the week,

and then I finished this one too,
This one was my attempt at using up some green print and trying it in a modern style.  Don't know if modern and me mix very well, but, I love, love, love the yellow!  I can see now that there are some small adjustments I could have made, but I didn't see it at the time.  I guess it's a process!   This quilts is a soft quilt and will be welcome somewhere, I'm sure.  My quilter tried doing organic lines and was able to practice free style a bit on this one!

Now


4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am sure you enjoyed your 'little people' time. Love both quilts, each has it's own personality.

knitnkwilt said...

I really like them both. I'm beginning to experiment with modern minimalist too. It is an interesting project.

Helen in the UK said...

I like the way you turned the stripy vertical rather than the usual horizontal in the first one. I think you've made a great 'modern' style quilt in the second. Great job on both :)

The Quilting Elf said...

I'm way behind on reading blogs, but I'm glad I didn't miss your Modern quilt. I luv, luv, luv the grey and yellow! I think the whole thing is perfect ...

Kathy T. in Tampa