Sunday, July 14, 2013

Doin' a Happy Dance

It's been awhile coming.  Had a few distractions along the way, but today, I was thinking I still needed 20 more blocks to be one quarter of the way through my blocks...and then...

I copied the pattern and noticed that the pattern said 56" x 56" ...heh heh, not 56 blocks!  I was so relieved!  I only needed 36 blocks for the first set of four and I'm now more than one quarter of the way through~well at least the blocks part.

I've now tried at least something in each of the colors!    Now that I can see where I need to be going, I can take this from my design wall and save the blocks I have finished.  I'm not going to sew them together just yet.

While I needed a break from this, I've been sewing some tops.



I have some other starts and they will get sewn together at some time.  I am going to get a Sweet 16 next year, so these tops will await that machine, but I'm feeling pretty good with what I've got accomplished so far.

I also started some blocks, but decided I'd send them to a young budding quilter.  I boxed up the few I'd done, and a bunch of strings and some foundations...


I can't wait to see how she does with these strings!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, if you had done 56 blocks and THEN discovered the mistake! Oh my!! I feels good to pass on to someone. Oh, a 16, how exciting - good for you.

knitnkwilt said...

First I liked the brights of the first quilt, then as I scrolled down I liked the black/gray/aqua table topper. Inconsistent? No, I just love it all.

Debbie said...

Those blocks are great.....love your bright colors. A 16 you say? Yea, for you. I just got the Tiara --which is Babylock's 16-- and love it. Be forwarned there is a learning curve to it....but you have enough experience to slide right thru it. Stack those quilts up till then so you will have lots of practice pieces to work on.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats Pat ... seeing progress is a wonderful thing! Look at all those lovely tops you've made too :)

Carol E. said...

Love all those tops! Very creative.