Sunday, September 1, 2013

Peach Season Again!

We've been busy picking peaches.


Our yard hasn't always looked like this.   When we bought the house in 2007 it was weeds.  By 2008 it look like this.
That's aspen trees planted.  Later we made the little pile towards the back fence line into a hill and added peach trees and apple trees.  The apples were fruitful last year, but not this.  Thank goodness, I have all I want to do with the peaches.  I've made jam.  There's still some peaches ripening.  I've also decided to flash freeze the slices and then save them in bags in the freezer for my morning smoothie.

We also have lots of tomatoes this year.  Last year wasn't too good for tomatoes, but this year we have lots again, even though we didn't plant too many.  I'm making juice so that we can add it to soups in the winter.  I still have salsa, so I'm not making any more of that this year.

Here are some pictures old and new of our yard.



4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Quite a make over of your lawns! And those peaches look yummy. Seems everyone is busy with veggies and fruits right now.

Helen in the UK said...

That was quite a transformation! Enjoy the fruits of your labours :)

KatieQ said...

It's hard to believe it's the same yard. It looks like you have your own little Eden.

Muv said...

Oh my goodness Pattilou, you have made the desert bloom! You must be delighted with all the home grown produce.

We were eating home grown peaches from my husband's cousin's garden in Poland last month. They were such a treat. It takes an expert with a walled garden and a good year for weather to grow peaches here.

Yes, I'm making jam too at the moment. And a doll quilt.

Love from England,
Muv