Friday, October 11, 2013

A Short Trip

We spent many years in Moab, UT and we often return there for a visit.  We used to spend many Saturdays in the off season going to different spots just to watch the sunrise.  We did so on our trip.  These are taken from my iPhone.



 Before the sun comes up, north of Moab on the way to Dead Horse Point.





The sky slowly changes

Dead Horse Point was open because it is a State run park and the town was filled with visitors.  Arches was closed however because of the Government Shutdown.  We saw many motor homes parked near the road and I wondered why until we found a campground that stated that it was closed to camping.  My shot of the billboard was extremely fuzzy so I can't post that photo.

We decided to take a day and go into Durango which was one of our favorite day trips.  Found a couple of cute shots there before we returned to Moab.
That's how I felt on this trip, from the Poor House.  Didn't even go by the fabric store which is one of my favs, but I didn't want to be tempted.

We did see this odd sight in the middle of town.
The deer didn't seem at all scared.  It was almost as if they felt they belonged.  There must be a story to go with this photo.

We are now back home and I hope to get to the sewing machine today.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely sunset photos. Welcome home.