Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ha! A quilt is Quilted! Yes, Feathers are Unforgiving!

After quilting in snatches of time between other things going on, I finally got my table topper piece quilted. 
I have several different ways of quilting the feathers.  I started out using one way and then after watching a video--I wish I could remember which one my feathers looked a little more should I say, rounded or flowing and not quite so jerky.
I still seem to have trouble.  Granted these little spaces for feathers don't leave a lot of room to free up.  But, I continued until the piece was done.

I have to say, I don't like clipping all the threads!  I think I should have chosen a bit darker thread for the feathers part.  But, I went with what I had on hand.  It was a practice piece!

I do like the backing.


Now onto the place mats and then I'll do binding on all.

I found this picture in my camera!  It shows the colors much better than my iPhone.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and if you're so lucky a Monday holiday too!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

While phones take amazing photos, considering they are phones, a camera is going to take better photos! Keep trying to decided, new camera or new phone, do know my pictures need improvement.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I don't even attempt feathers anymore - I end up laughing too much to keep going - well done.

sophie said...

I love the combination of quilting designs you used. It's a nice piece from both sides :-)

Helen in the UK said...

Way to go on the feathers! I like the Patsy Thompson way of doing feathers :)