Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just a Seam Here and There

Funny how inspiration to quilt comes and goes.  I've been rather stuck on my commissioned quilt lately.  I've just not wanted to sew on it, so I finished a couple of UFO's seen in my last two posts.  I finished up a quarter blocking of the quilt and just didn't want to sew it together as the seams have to be so perfect!

Here's one row completed.


Here's the rest of the big block on the design wall.

I finished up the foundation papers I've had for a few years.  I purchased a 100 piece set from That Patchwork Place and they are thinner than copy paper, but still a bit hard to remove.  I do notice I'm getting better as I go along at removing all the little pieces of paper.

I needed some more, but the shop I got them from is a good 40 minutes from here, and I kept putting off going to the shop.  I did find some June Tailor Foundation Sheets at a nearby JoAnn's and I used a coupon to purchase them.  I was a bit hesitant to use them, but oh my I do love how they sew.

I haven't yet tried to take the paper off from the fabric, but I'm sure that I will love it.

Here's a few blocks I have ready to add the finishing in order to make a block.
It was amazing that after I cut some orange to add to these
I was more ready to sew more blocks!  I was getting tired of the greens and the blues with just that bit of red as a counterpoint of color.

I have a few blocks ready to square up.




And, then you know how hard it is to make that first cut?   Well, I was having trouble taking my strips and making the beginning of a piano keys type sashing, but I made a few seams on these.
Today, I plan on getting the big block sewn together and the piano keys sewn and cut and then assemble the two big blocks I have ready and make it

ONE HALF OF THE QUILT!





6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, yummy! Love what is going on with pattern, movement and great color.

Helen in the UK said...

Does that mean you are half-way done? You were brave taking on a commission for this pattern. Keep plugging away and it will soon be finished :)

LA Paylor said...

the colors are so vibrant, and I love an arc.
Wonderful
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Kathleen Wilson said...

Wow! Those colors are fantastic and go together so well. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie McNeil said...

it will be beautiful, and i think you've got the right of doing something different, even in a new colorway as a way to motivate you out of a 'dont wanna do it' slump!

Connie said...

Looking beautiful, great pattern and the fabrics are perfect for it! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday