Saturday, December 28, 2013

Looking Back for a Moment

Some of the quilts I finished this year started with the RSC13 Rainbow Scrappy found here
This one started with the pink scraps start and I added green. 

This one came from the lavender scraps I started with in February, but didn't get it finished until later in the year.
I used the lavender scraps in with a bunch of 5 inch squares that I had.

That's pretty much what I got finished from my start with the RSC13.  Maybe this year will produce more quilts.  I was interrupted this year with a trip to my sis in March and came back with three commissions.  I completed these two:
One of the ones that holds a tender place in my heart is the one I sent my favorite aunt when her husband passed.


I used a little dresser scarf my mother in law had tucked away that wasn't finished and I quilted it as a wall hanging for her Mother's Day.
I used scraps for this one and passed it on to a newlywed couple.
I gave one to my mother:


There are more, but these are the ones that stand out in my memories of 2013. 

Of course there's this one that is on its way to a finish:
that one has taken most of my thought energy and machine energy.  The border fabric is on its way and the backing is completed.  Goes to the quilter in early January.

I have some ideas for 2014, but for now I'm feeling a little melancholy as I look into the guest room as Grandpa took the bed down.

and also remembering "I shall not pass this way again."



It truly has been one of the better Christmases we've shared!  Just wish I could get a photo of daughter! (besides the back of her).  So happy they shared with us this year.

4 comments:

soscrappy said...

So many lovely projects from the last year! Hope you settle on something lovely for the next.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So many pretty AND finished projects! Good for you.

Karen said...

So many pretty quilts. I really like the lavender one. I have seen this pattern before but I don't remember the name of the pattern.

Debra Spincic said...

Looks like you had a lovely year of quilts!