Friday, December 13, 2013

Sneak Peak Update

Late in the afternoon, yesterday, I laid this top on the bed.
I had some decisions to make and I hadn't heard from my customer on this so I went to bed.  I didn't sleep well.

This is how I see it.
  • The deep purple in the center divides the quilt and it still jars me.  It needs to be changed.
  • The center of the quilt will move down to the bottom third unless I change the way I was going to do the borders.  I will leave the top at the rainbow part and increase the sides and bottom so that it will hit the floor.  The borders will look like a bed skirt.  The customer didn't want a bed skirt.  It is a large bedspread type quilt to fit her queen sized bed, so the photo shows the sizing about the way it needs to be.
  • The corners at the bottom need to be rounded a bit so that they don't trip her as she goes around the bed.
This is my proposal for changing the center sashing
The rainbow would replace the sashing at the same 1 and 1/4 inch piece going in all directions.

It's snowing outside and a perfect day to sit on the couch and rippit!  Really don't want to do this, but I have to follow my gut on this and do what I think will be more pleasing. 

Linking on over to Whoop Whoop for Friday's finishes

8 comments:

Jayne said...

I think its beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think it is gorgeous as is - wait for the customer to voice an opinion before rippiting.

Design Originals by KC said...

I love how it divides the quilt... I would quilt in baptist fans radiating from the middle in sections to enhance it not fight it! But have fun and see what the customer wants :) Kathi

Muv said...

It's looking fantastic. I'm hoping you can save yourself the trouble of unpicking it.

Jasmine said...

You must have been looking at this for too long. It really looks amazing the way it is. Just ask your customer what she thinks.

Helen in the UK said...

I saw the picture and thought - wow it's finished and looks brilliant! Hope you don't have to do too much rework :)

katyquilts said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Michele P. said...

Wowzy...very colorful. Love it.