Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Where or Where Has January Gone?!!!

Oh my, I can't believe it's almost the end of the month!

To start out after our daughter and grandson left, I cleaned up the house a bit, relaxed, but never got to the sewing room.

AND THEN IT HIT!

I had planned a detox for the month of January to coordinate with Green Smoothie Girl!  I knew I needed to make some dietary changes that weren't just temporary, but a full lifestyle change and I felt 2014 was the year for that.

...then I got a tickle in my throat

...then I started sneezing...

...my homeopathic to ward off this symptoms didn't even phase it

...I felt worse then worse

I decided fruit and greens were still better for an ailing body so I started with the detox and hubby was game to do it with me.

He ended up taking care of me and making the smoothies as I didn't get up from the couch very much--well enough to move to the bed!  After a very long week of that and the beginnings of a fever, I decided I'd better go to the doctor!

                                          BRONCHITIS--Early PNEUMONIA!
                                                    Antibiotic shot, pills, and Codeine cough syrup!  (Did I say how sore
                                                         my ribs had become!

As I started feeling better, hubby decided it was time for me to head to Southern Utah!

                                            This is what I left in Salt Lake City




                                              
                                      This is the view from our rented condo:
                                                           Sunny St. George!

The rest and the warmer temperatures did their best and the condo provided us with a kitchen so that we could continue the detox!

Today, I feel like a new woman!

Still drinking about 20 servings a day of fruits and vegetables.
Fresh fruit and greens--and I'm loving it!

The best bonus ever!  I'm off diet coke!  In one of my weaker moments I thought, "well maybe just a taste."  It was awful!  Tried again, it tasted like beer and I hate beer.  Sooooo...I'll leave that thought in my memory!
26 days of not meat and I'm loving that part as the smell of meat before this was starting to bother me.  Didn't like it, but didn't know how to move over to "no meat".  This has shifted for me.

Best of all!  No SUGAR nor sugar cravings nor cravings for all those sweet things that were such a deterrent toward my well being!  I think the fruit has helped shift that!  Last night I spent some time on Pintrest and pinned some yummy looking salads and ideas for living within the 80% raw lifestyle I'm currently in and want to stay with!  Even found a raw carrot cake made with fresh coconut and raw carrots.  I don't need to make it now as it doesn't sound that good, but there may come a day that I want a dessert.  Last night I enjoyed a grapefruit/avocado/spinach salad and that totally felt sweet to me!  Couldn't do this without avocadoes.



Before I left for St George, I got this quilt top off to the quilter!  YAY!!!!
The meeting with the quilter was so much fun.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  It's going to be beautiful!



and a few blocks off to Sunshine Lotto  (finished before flu hit)


I'm linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday.  I hope I'm back into some kind of quilting rhythm soon.  This is my whoop whoop for this Friday even if it took me a whole month to get here!



5 comments:

Kate said...

oh dear, I think I lost my January the same way! Just sick and sick and sick... finally on the mend... maybe I should drink more green stuff! Glad you are on the mend, hun...
Kathleen

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Warmer weather and sunshine does a great job in the healing process. Not sure I would want to take that many greens and fruits (although I do most of those naturally in my diet) - just glad you are feeling better.

Helen in the UK said...

I was only thinking how quiet your blog had been yesterday as I worked on a scrappy top. Sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad, but glad you are now on the mend and off the fizzy drink. Hope you're soon stitching up a storm :)

quiltswithpersonality said...

Love your quilts!! So glad your feeling better! Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Alycia said...

Your finishes are wonderful. St George is SO pretty - my grandpa used to live there in the winter. I am jealous. Thanks for the green smoothie info - It sounds interesting. Stay healthy!