Friday, February 28, 2014

AH Ha! New Projects Started!

When I joined the New FO Challenge last December I didn't foresee all the things coming my way.
New FO Challenge
can be found in the above link.


I made a list and some of the things I listed, I'm not interested in now, and some of the things I listed I'm still waiting on some fabric to make them--like the Peacock fabric for my sister.

But, I scrounged around when I was cleaning my sewing room and found this wonderful Laurel Burch Fabric that I was really not wanting to cut into.  But, I made the cut!
It is so rich and wonderful!  I've ordered some fabric for the sashing, but it hasn't come yet.  That's okay, as I don't have all the blocks made.  This is what I have so far...  This is my goal for April.  Finishing this quilt start for A Lovely Year of Finishes
This is the pattern...

from this book...
And then I really did a huge jump!  While going through some blogs, and I do wish I would have written down the blog that inspired me, I ordered this book...

This is just so much fun.  I was going to try to make a block a day, but I've already missed about 2-3 days, but I'm having loads of fun with this!  The blocks are 6" blocks and so I have to be very careful in the cutting and sewing.  I'm going to love, love, love this quilt as I love my blocks I have so far.
The first section is "crosses" and you can see the various ways of making crosses by just looking at these blocks.  This would be a fun quilt to do in black and whites, but I've started in the colors she used, but my blocks look quite different from hers.  This is a quilt that will take me awhile, but it is keeping me interested.

Still waiting on the deep purple to get here from a special order so that I can finish my Rainbow Quilt set.  I need to make shams (they are quilted so they will be easy) and pillowcases.


10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's all about starting and you have a wonderful start with that beautiful fabric. I have Sue's book and haven't worked out of it yet - shameful!!

Heidi said...

I am visiting from Barbara's New FO Linkup:-) That Laurel Burch fabric sure caught my eys, I love that deep blue - it is going to make a great quilt!

DeAnna S said...

Love the Laurel Burch fabric. The blues are awesome.

Kate said...

Beautiful projects!

Donna said...

Fantastic starts for February. Sue's Pick Four is a favorite of mine. Enjoy.

Teresa in Music City said...

I just love Laurel Burch fabrics! Especially in that lovely blue/purple colorway :) And I've been eyeing the City Sampler book .... hafta resist!!!!!

Barbara said...

I just love Laurel Burch. Great use for it.

carla said...

Hi!!!! I followed over from the NewFO!!!! Your have some wonderful creations!!!! I had a fun visit!!!! Thank You

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun. I love it when blog-hopping and you end up somewhere and you can't remember how you got there, but you find something that inspires you. Enjoy :)

Brown Family said...

Your Pick Four quilt will be pretty!