Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Whoop Whoop

Amidst the mess and clutter of trying to arrange my fabric stash, I did get a couple of quilts completed!  Whoop! Whoop!  These had been started last year, but they are now ready for giving!

A simple use of three blocks and then the remainder of the strips sewn into a boys quilt and done with simple line quilting.


A panel that caught my eye and was on such a great sale that I couldn't pass it up.  The coordinating brown stripe fabric was sitting close by and also on the sale.  It made a cute quilt for a puppy lover!

Now back to my cluttered sewing room and making more blocks for the Sunshine Quilt Group.  Looking especially for green for March and red for February.  Already I have quite an assortment and they don't go together, but hopefully they will match up well with some of the other lotto blocks and end up in a quilt for Wrap A Smile, and Quilting Beyond Borders.

Hop on over to Whoop Whoop on Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

All that straight line quilting - that takes forever! It is nice to see some bloggers starting to get quilts in line for charity.

rubyslipperz said...

DARLING!! I LOVE the puppies! =)

Helen in the UK said...

I really like your asymmetric design for the boy's quilt ... might have to 'borrow' that idea sometime! Great use of the orphan blocks and random strips. Keep up the good work :)