Sunday, March 2, 2014

Goal for March

well, I should say one of many goals for March!

Last year at this time, I became involved in a spurious trip to Atlanta to see my sister.  I stayed for two weeks and came home with three orders for quilts!  Needless to say, that changed my plans for 2013!

I had started a BOM project of My Favorite Blocks My Favorite Block Quilt Along

I got a few blocks done before my trip to Atlanta:
Now they are a UFO and I've completely lost interest!

The red fabric started as some coffee mats, but the coffee cup fabric is all gone and I bought extra red just so that I'd have it.

Oh, well, the same story is had by many quilters
                       A great idea
                               A project finished
                                    Leftover fabric
                                         Lost interest!
So this month I'm going to take these six blocks and make them into a donation quilt!  I hope to use up the basic off white in this project as well as the remainder of the red and also of some deep purple that I'll use somewhere! 

I've scouted the web for some ideas and I think I have one that won't require lots of work and will allow me to finish this quilt!

Linking over to Fiber of All Sorts for the Lovely Year of Finishes

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Using up, finishing up and moving on - sounds like a plan.

knitnkwilt said...

The charities would benefit if more of us cleaned house of the items we have tired of! Way to go!

Wendy said...

great plan, it'll be nice to get it out of your hair and it will make someone very happy