Saturday, March 8, 2014

Some Resolution!

After having a crying zag yesterday after so much tension about my thread tension...
I took heart from Paula the Quilter, one of her posts HERE   I watched more youTube videos and tried more things.

I learned:
  • No matter how much I tried to get my Isacord to wind on the bobbin, it just wouldn't--so I'll take it in next time I'm in SLC
  • I can use my Isacord threads with some closely matching Superior So Fine that came with my machine.  It for some reason winds onto the bobbin.
  • I need a horizontal gizmo--can't remember the name but it is shown in the above link to Paula
  • Tears can release the valve of frustration
  • Lunch "out" can give one new perspective
  • I like polyester thread right now as it doesn't show my quilting missteps as much as the cotton 40 wt. 
After taking out some of the quilting from my little baby quilt sample, I tried the pale blue I had in Isacord and used the bobbin I was able to wind with Superior So Fine in an off white.

My quilting looks somewhat respectable and I'll move ahead.  Yesterday's grief is behind me now!

 I have several pieces I can work on today with the thread combination I've now got! 

Happy!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy to hear things are going better for you.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry I missed your earlier posts about all this! My Tiara does NOT like Isacord, either top or bottom. It does love Aurifil thread 50 weight on the top or bottom. I think part of the problem is the isacord is just too thin and slick to wind properly for the bobbin. I don't use it.
My very best bobbin thread is Soft Touch thread from YLI. It is a very fine thread but very strong....winds perfectly and sews great.
I avoid all 40 weight thread for FMQ....it is just too heavy for those quick turns and curves that I like.