Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Finished a Goal for April

At the beginning of April I listed a goal that I wanted to finish.

I first blogged about some of the blocks I was making HERE

This morning I decided that I wanted to try that quilt in a free motion design to check my machine speed with the tension and to see if I could make smaller FMQ as I have a quilt top ready that I would like to do some FMQ in quite small patterns.  So, I gave it a whirl and although I used a larger pattern, I didn't have any eyelashes--which are the tale tell sign of bad tension!

The fabric is some Laurel Burch that I wanted to hang on to for some reason, but I have a small bit left for the memories and maybe I'll make a smaller block for my 100 blocks quilt.  This quilt will go to a family friend for his birthday next month. 


Kate said...

I like that quilt - great for a guy!!

Wendy said...

well done for reaching your goal, the quilt looks great