Monday, April 14, 2014

Quilting Finishes...Whoopee!

I've been looking at the spare bed and wondering when I'd get to all the projects there!

Well, finally I have something to show for my stash busting!

First I love making wonky stars from the triangles I cut from bindings.  This little quilt is a result of cleaning out some of those.
Cleared out some sashing fabric, backing and the music squares--just enough of those!

This one didn't bust much stash because it's a lotto block win.  I did use some solid for the settings and then there's the binding and the backing.  But, the blocks are now in a quilt!  I love the little ship block in the middle.  Thanks Sunnies!
The next two, didn't really bust much stash because they were brought to me so that I can practice my quilting.  The batting arrived last week, so these got done for Quilts Beyond Borders.  A church group in Texas donated the tops.  I just need to sew on the labels.


I made some blocks from some 1 1/2 inch squares and some other odd squares.  I got 28 blocks done toward my monthly goal.  Not quite there yet.  When it's complete for April, I hope I can remember to post some pictures.

I'd be in pretty got shape stash wise, but alas I got a package in the mail with some new fabric!  It is fun to get some new life.  I've got an idea for some boyish blocks for the Sunshine Yahoo Group Lotto for April, but I'm going to finish up the bindings first.  Got to have one of them done for Wednesday as it is a gift for a friend who lost a son.



3 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

How darling your blocks and finishes are! Enjoy the new pieces. It's rather ironic how we spend so much time building a stash, then work like crazy to use the stash. Really, it's difficult to remember which mode I'm in sometimes!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the wonky stars - using up stash and even finishing those blocks is A+

Wendy said...

You've got a lot done! I love the wonky star blocks, great idea for using up scraps