Friday, May 9, 2014

Checking in for HSTeria

Whoopee!  I got all my little--and I mean little as they are 1.5 inch squares-trimmed.  I have 132 of those little things.  They take as much work as a big HST, but these were cast offs from another project and they trimmed to that small square.  I'm not sure yet how I'll use them, but they are neatly pressed. 

I finished
132-1.5 inch
32-4.5 inch
20-3.5 inch
10-6.5 inch
There's no rhyme or reason as to which fabrics I've picked except that if it's been in my stash too long, I'm cutting it up. 

 The larger 6.5 inch HST's I made into some 12.5 inch blocks.
The smaller yellow 3.5 made great pinwheels.

Feels good to replenish the parts for quilts part of my stash!  I see some more charity quilts coming from these colorful blocks!

Linking over to HSTeria
 

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow, that's a LOT of tiny blocks!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Always fun to have those little units on hand to play with.

sophie said...

It looks like you're making great progress. I have pulled out my leftover or bonus HSTs and am trimming them to consistent sizes ... I also decided that 1-inch finished size is as small as I'm going to go, especially after just sewing some 1/2-inch HSTs into 1-inch pinwheels.

Debbie said...

132 of those tiny one? My head hurts just thinking about them! I will applaud you, but I know my limits and tiny is not it! Great job.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That's A LOT (!!!!!) of trimming with those little bitty HSTs (and others).

Now you can enjoy the fun part!

Cathy said...

I don't even think I'd be able to see the seam on the 1.5 inchers! I really like the 12.5 inch block and colors. I've seen your cute charity quilts over on Sunshine Yahoo Group.