Monday, May 5, 2014

Design Wall Monday, May 5

I had another idea that I wanted to work on today, but I decided to bite the bullet and get this quilt started as I have some classes scheduled at the HMQS in SLC later this week.

I thought maybe that one inch squares around the peacock would work. This is what I have so far.

I'm not sure I like the lavender sashing so I tried some others.





What do you think?

I made many sets.

The bronze color seems to jar me a bit in the first picture.  It shows up more in the photo than in real life.  I started out with cuts below the picture, like this:
As I look at the picture there are so many colors, I don't have and the bronze on the first piece I bought to go with the peacock was very prominent on that piece, but doesn't fit in.  I'm sure this will be up for awhile and maybe I'll need to find more royal blue, maybe at the HMQS this week, as I just don't have more that the two fat quarters I started with.  If I have a wider sampling of fabrics the bronze may disappear more.  It's still an experiment.  I need two long wall hangings and they don't need to be exactly the same, just similar.
I'm linking over to Patchwork Times .
 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

As much as a I love the last washed turguoise I think it would be to light once the squares go on. The dark blue you have on the top might be better.

Debbie said...

I like the bronze squares in there....you need the warmth of their color. I agree...I like the blue better than the turquoise.
And congratulations....I saw you won from Vicki Welch. I recognized your quilt right off!