Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Half Square Triangles

I've been making a half-fast attempt and HST's and then I saw a jump start to my process on Vicki Welch's site.  See the button on the side panel for HSTeria Quilt Along.  You can also CLICK HERE

HST's are a basic unit of quilt making and I need to build up my storage of some ready made ones. 

At present these are all I have
I love have extras for the blocks I send to the Sunshine Yahoo Group Monthly Lotto.  I love donating blocks to them as the winners of the blocks make blocks for their favorite charities two of which they regularly donate are the Wrap a Smile and the Quilts Beyond Borders.  The Yahoo Group gives an address to send the blocks to and winners are chosen for the winnings of some of the blocks.  Many of my donation quilts have used these Sunshine Blocks and my blocks have made their way into many other quilts not made by me.  It's always fun to spy one of my blocks in another quilter's quilts!

So join in if you'd like, I'm sure a little nudge can assist you in your stash of HST's!

Vicki also posted about my Rainbow quilt Here...Meet Pat Ferguson

Thanks Vicki!
 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I always do up my corner cut-offs and have them stored by size. Make for handy units.

Vicki W said...

Those shoe fly blocks look so small!