Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Head is Spinning

I'm back today after a couple of classes at the HMQS in SLC.  I wish I could have taken more as I really learned a lot!  Now I need to practice, practice, practice!  Although the class was for longarm quilters, Pam adjusted instructions for those of us that had sit down machines.  The techniques she taught clearly are usable for both.  Her skill on the long arm is inspiring to say the least.  I learned how she uses stencils with her free motion quilting and now I'm ready to take my quilting up a notch!  Her website is Here  She's a very approachable teacher and just made the time fly by.  I could have spent a whole day with her or even more.  Her teaching style was relaxed and informative.  She's had plenty of experience and it was so fun for me to be in the classroom!

I worked last night on some half square triangles, which will be a great thing in putting together practice with a purpose as Pam calls it.  I realize I need to keep more of my samples for my own use at home.  I've been busy sending off my samples as donation quilts, but I need to make some quilts those samples.

This set of green will make a 12 inch block and I'm going to be making more HST's for the HSTeria as well as the Green Begins--Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Whoops, I can see that one of the HST's are turned wrong.  Pictures are wonderful--that saved me picking something out!

Off to sew more HST's and get some rest for tomorrow at the HMQS in SLC.  I hope to get into seeing the quilt displays.  I met with Sarah from the Sunshine Yahoo Quilt Group for a short lunch.  It's always fun to meet up with another Sunny!
 

No comments: