Saturday, May 17, 2014

Progress on Many Fronts!

I think I may have too many things going!  But, that said, I am making progress at trimming my stash--especially from green fabrics and even more from green batiks!

First, this quilt is going to go to Wrap A Smile.  The person responsible for this is Terry and she sent volunteers a piece of fabric from Africa to be used in WAS quilts. 

I thought about my fabric a lot and came up with a simplified way to use it to best advantage because of its big design.
A close up of the fabric and then one of my wonky quilting of this quilt.


HSTeria and RSC14
64 HST blocks made this past week.  With green as a focus for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I found greens that hadn't been used for more than five years and then for the HST I decided on the block design I wanted to work toward with my Batiks.
I made some into blocks.
These will go to sunshine
 
These are being used with more to trim and will eventually find their way into a donation quilt.

 These are the batiks and I'm loving this design for them.  This way I can use the variety I have without it driving me crazy figuring out how to use it up!
also some strings toward a quilt




this green is just a small piece I had and will be saved for later use with the giraffe fabric

I also finished up 48 crumb blocks that will go into a donation quilt. These were also from green batik scraps!  Lots of green moving around my space for sure! 

I'm taking a rest from it to finish up a Peacock quilt for my sis.

Linking over to Vicki Welsh for HSTeria
and over to RSC14
 and Whoop Whoop

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

You've been busy!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a productive week you've had! Feels good when a plan comes together. Great work with the green and the quilting on the smile quilt.

scraphappy said...

So many happy scraps. Glad you are finding so many fun ways to put them to good use!

Sheila said...

You have been busy. What a wonderful cause for your donation quilt.
I understand how you feel about too many projects under construction. I'm there.

Helen in the UK said...

Great donation quilt. Also love your new header with the commission quilt detail :)