Thursday, June 19, 2014

HSTeria Moving Along Part 2

I'm putting away my HST's for now.  I've got a couple of small quilts, of which, I need to add binding. 

I tackled the very small HST's of 1.5 inches
Sewing the last of them:
And then with the other HST blocks I made this week:
I have enough of the small blocks to make one more 12 inch block, but that will be another day.  I think I will use that one in a modern style quilt.  The next time I even think about making 1.5 inch blocks from HST's I need to be committed!  It's very time intensive and not very satisfying.  But, I used up the scraps I had from this quilt:
Next time, if I make a hugs and kisses quilts, I'll discard the scraps with joy!!!

I've decided to make the batik blocks into a bed sized quilt, so I'll be making HST's for that for awhile.

The other HST's I'm making are from prints.  I made 75 HST's of those this week:
These go into a Jacob's Ladder block using many of the 2.5 inch squares and the 5" squares I'd saved from projects dating back to probably 2010.  I'll make these into a bed
 
size quilt also and I'll need 64  blocks for that.  I'm making them into blocks of four for easier placement.  I have two big ones done and almost another, but I've got company coming and I need to clean up.
 


So totals for June:
54 blocks made
215 HST's
With the HST's I finished last night, I think I only need 134 more HST's from earthy type prints.  Haven't dared figure out how many HST's from batiks yet.     :>)

I've found that if I cut and sew the HST's and leave them in a stack, when I'm talking to my sis or a friend I can iron the seams open and trim them while talking and thus the "chore" of HST's isn't so tedious!

I'll probably finish some that I have precut and then I've got some quilting to do as that basket is filling up!

So...with I'll that, that is my post for this week.
Linking over to HSTeria from last week again
 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my goodness - just love the tinies!!! Yes, the smaller you work the more time it takes - I don't think a lot of people realize this. Your Jacob's Ladder is going to be beautiful - another classic block.

Vicki W said...

Those tiny ones are insane!