Friday, July 4, 2014

Outdoor Room/Patio Curtains and Yards!

Half way done to getting some patio curtains for our cabana.  I've been looking and looking, but I couldn't see any sense in clipping a clip onto a curtain with holes in it that I couldn't use.  ...And they were expensive for my budget.

Yesterday we hung a paint cloth cut in half and then hemmed to fit our space.  This morning we tried it out and it WORKS!


We were going to take the remaining paint cloth back, but I think now with the movement of the sun, we'll just trim and hem and then put up the remaining drop cloth: voila Patio Curtain!
I since it was such a beautiful morning outdoors, I grabbed a few shots of our yard and garden.

This corner has a fine that was a volunteer from a pot of plants we brought here from Moab, UT in 2007.  We added a Wisteria and with a little work we could have another outdoor space in the afternoon shade the neighbor's tree makes.
 
 
The fields to the north of our property will soon be changed into another subdivision (boo)!  But for now, we enjoy watching the farmer plant, cut, bale and harvest the field behind us.  We also watch the pheasant come and go and the seagull come in when the fields are watered.



My little garden is showing some new color.
And my daisies are doing quite well.  I think however we'll take them out in the fall and put a smaller variety in.  These are about 40" tall this year.


Hubby put some lettuce and kale in and its already ready for another picking.  I freeze the kale for smoothies and we eat the lettuce and if there's too much of that I even use that in my smoothies.
New this year are cabbage and cauliflower. 

The cauliflower is folded over to keep it from getting bitter in the sunshine.

The onion patch.
Some Asian/pears are showing on our new trees.

Potatoes--can't wait for those!

The mint in the background is luscious in tea!

My old cilantro which I use in everything!
and the new batch started from seed:

We thought we'd try a sweet potato in one of the pots.  I don't know if we are too far north for this to mature, but it is filling the pot.
The front yard with the blooming yucca that we also brought from Moab.



It's been a project getting this all in.  We're not sure if we're quite ready to sell yet.  It's been fun, but we're ready for some new adventures....we'll see!

The blog from which I got my idea for the patio curtains. Outdoor Rooms

 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great yard and garden.....but your patio drapes are wonderful. Know you will get lots of enjoyment out there.

The Quilting Elf said...

What an inviting outdoor room - and an inspiration to use the paint cloth! Lovely plants and yard. Thanks for sharing the photos and giving us the tour.
Kathy T. in Tampa

Dona said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am happy to find you. Your yard and garden are just beautiful. I am sure it was a lot of work!