Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Finish

What started out with 1 inch HST's a few weeks ago turned into this:

The beginning blocks of which I had two:
Thanks to Vicki Welch for the HSTeria Quilt Along for spurring me to finish up some scraps in my stash as well as starting a new quilt (and maybe I'll get to that next week!)

The yellow in the dinosaur's eyes seemed to call for some yellow in the quilt.
Then there was a challenge for some rail fences, but I didn't have enough fabric of the colors on hand, so a design was born.

Crazy Mom Quilts and Margaret's Hope Chest are combining efforts for a quilt.  Then along comes Sharon Of Vrooman's Quilts and gives me an idea.  With only enough fabric for one block left I made a quilt that fits the dimensions needed for a donation quilt for boys. Crazy Mom Quilts




Ready to send August 1 to Margaret's Hope Chest.Linking to:
HSTeria Quilt Along Progress

Confessions of a Fabric Addict Whoop Whoop




4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

And it is just WONDERFUL!! Thanx for the shout out,

Cathy said...

Cute...one inch HSTs? Seriously? Those are some serious HSTs!

Karen said...

I love how all these pieces came together for such an interesting quilt. Great job sorting it all out. Great label, too!

knitnkwilt said...

I love the designs that come from "make do" and also when I end up with just the right thing, like you did here.