Sunday, July 13, 2014

I've Just Sputtered OUT!

It happens.  The creative juice just fizzles.  I'm there today!  I'm tired, I'm bored, and it must be summer!

Yesterday I got going on my HST's that I'd cut and finished this top to this pre-border finish.

The picture is taken outside, midday so the colors look a little off, but I think you get the idea.











 Now for the final border.  I've decided I wanted this to go to my daughter and I can't quite remember the color of her sofa.  First I thought maybe this green would work.
NOPE!
Then I thought white.  But I only have a small piece of white batik left.  I do like how it changes the quilt though.
I may go shopping tomorrow--maybe not.  Hope my spirits lift a bit.

Gotta go to the doctor for a prescription refill, maybe I'll go after that. 

This is the quilt I thought at first would be for my daughter.


Her son that recently went to college loved geckos and when I added this fun border I thought of her and it's in her colors and looks a bit modern.



But, I think it will end up as a donation quilt.  Which by the way reminds me that in addition to this quilt:



 I boxed up a box for Margaret's Hope and added two more quilts:



 I've got one started from strings that after I changed the final border I like a whole lot better.
I've got a wild backing for this one!  But, for now I'm closing the door to the sewing room.  Maybe I'll read a book!

5 comments:

Kate said...

heavens, honey, you aren't sputtered out, you're just TIRED - that's a great lot of quilting!!

Love every one of them...

Vicki W said...

After all of this I say that you deserve a day off! I love your HST quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, you have tired yourself out with all you've done. Don't think 'more', think breath - take a break - read, walk, visit, road trip.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on all you have achieved. Now relax and allow yourself a break :)

Debbie said...

Yep, I think you are just tired....after finishing up all of these beauties. You must have been working non-stop for a while, so taking a rest for a few days will bring relief and ideas will flow again. Got to say the latest is great, but love the gecko one!