Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Few Loose Ends

I did something yesterday that I rarely do--I threw some thread away.  I did some tight quilting and it just kept knotting up on the bottom.  I adjusted it and adjusted it, but it didn't get any better.  I finally threw the thread away and started the rippit process.  I took quite a bit of time.  I then got online and ordered some new thread.  While waiting for it I took the six blocks and put them together for the Quilts Beyond Borders Quilt.  I love using just six blocks.  I can work it up to meet the size specifications and I can use up some of my stash.  Some of my brights are getting a bit low though and eventually I'll have to rebuild.  But, for now I took the backing leftovers of the quilt I picked out and added a sashing and then found some fabrics that went with the quilt.  I even found an orange stripe for the backing.  The blocks were from a lotto win and two of them I made.  Can you guess which two are mine?



This quilt I finished today and backed in in a Riley Blake stripe that had the same tones as the border.
 Linking over to Whoop Whoop on Confessions of a Fabric Addict

5 comments:

Carol E. said...

The top left and bottom right are yours?

Pattilou said...

Nope.

knitnkwilt said...

That would have been my guess too; I'll have to look again. But then I haven't studied everyone's styles enough to make a good guess. :-) Love both quilts!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

When thread is bad, it is bad - best to just remove it. I would say the one with the bugs (because it has the border fabric in it) and the one with the dinosaur (cuz it was in another quilt). Love the string quilt, too.

Kate said...

bottom left and top right...