Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another Modern Quilt



 My "She Can Quilt" Quilt is now finished.  I love how it turned out!

I started it back in June and posted this about it then.


I also just played in some color with a fun pattern Found HERE
I used a recent purchase from Vicki Welch Found HERE  I had some Redwood and some other solids from her in my stash.  I love it! (It needs the final border, but I got the brainwork done!)  The quilting will be sooo much fun!


Now that center looks like this:

I tried a form of Pattilou's McTavish:

The balance of the quilt was quilted in tight straight lines and the bright yellow border was done in a tight meander style.

I dyed the yellow border to match the yellow in the middle.  It's a few shades lighter, but it worked.  I had some sheeting from a couple of years ago and I was able to use it up.  A 60" square quilt took more fabric than I figured.  I tried other fabrics for the final border, but the dyed fabric just kept with the style better than what I had first planned.  Just the yellow border took a couple of days to quilt.  I'm glad it's finished and I love it!  I needed the sunshine!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is delightful!! Love the brightness and the quilting fun - just such added pop to the whole quilt. Super finish!!

Helen in the UK said...

Great job - way to go :)

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, that's spectacular!