Sunday, August 31, 2014

Laboring on Labor Day Weekend!

Well...we got a start on the peaches.  Stopped for lunch and then took a nap, never got back to the jam.  So guess what I'll be doing today.  Hubby helped this year by peeling the peaches!


For as long as I can remember of married life, it has included doing peaches on Labor Day Weekend.  This is no different.  Still have more peaches to go.  After stopping for lunch yesterday and then taking a nap we went to the store for more sugar.  Just couldn't get started again, so they are waiting for us today.  I found a recipe for peach habanero jam and think I'll try that just for fun.

The past two weeks I've been making parts and trimming them on the quilting front.  So, not too much to show there, but I did get a big block made, just to see how it would work.

Now, I can sew a few of the blocks.
It's going to make a cut quilt I think.  I got all my two inch squares sewn into blocks.  I used up more than two yards of white for this.

Hope everyone has a fun holiday.

 More pictures of jam making:
Peach Habanero and Mint Jalapeno.



The mint jalapeno is a bit labor intensive.  We've got a small bit for ourselves.  I need to get some smaller jars for when I make this again.  It can wait however, and the peaches can't!

 

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hey, you earned that nap for sure. Be sure you take time to breath today, too.