Friday, September 19, 2014

A Fun Week!

Not much quilty stuff going on here, but it's been a fun week.

After doing so much canning--well not as much as when the kids used to be around--but still it's taken me from my usual routine, I realized I'd been eating to much bread and sugar!  My body gives me clues--like I ache a lot!

So I pulled out my Green Smoothie Girl Detox book and I've been doing a few days of that.  Day one and two I felt the effects, but now I'm feeling so much better.  I'm not going to do the full detox, but now that I've broken the cycle of the bread and jam and too much coffee and too much sugar--peach cobbler and the like, I feel sooooo much better.  So now back on my about 80% raw diet and I'm liking myself so much better!

I've spent some days with friends, and yesterday with hubby!  Visited the chiropractor and you know if you are close to my age just doing things that didn't seem to take so long!

I have been making myself get to my sewing machine a bit and I'm back on track of working on my Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks  I'm now through all the crosses.  It was the first section and I've done 15.  Now I'll work on the next section.  My stash is a bit lop sided in that I don't have the full range of colors and occasionally that has stopped the work as I don't have a LQS that is really close to me.  But my goal is to have all these blocks done by Christmas!  That way I can have something to work on at the start of the new year.


So that's all that's going on here and now I'll connect with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop Whoop

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Glad you are feeling better. I've seen some of the Tula quilts and they are wonderful - you have a great start and a good plan in place.

Helen in the UK said...

Great selection of cross blocks. Glad to hear you are feeling better within yourself again :)