Monday, September 1, 2014

August 350 Blocks Report

I started a block challenge with Prairie Moon Quilts.  It's been fun for me to keep track of the blocks I've made each month and then have someone tally the totals for me.  This month I completed 72 blocks!  Amazing.  (433 for the year so far.)

I started some parts that I could work on during some sew-ins as I didn't want to take my machine because the classes are held in the basements of lovely LQS.  I ventured out and found a very fun new LQS in South Salt Lake.  It is a store I would never have found on my own and I'm going to be saving money to spend there more often.  She had some fun bolts at 30% and 40% off.  I'll take my camera next month.  Thimbles & Threads  The choices are just more than I could even visit on my first time there!

So here is the top I've put together so far:


I've had to move the blocks I've been making and saving for different quilts to its new location--a big "locker"
As I've been going through my stash, I keep in mind what I might need for future Sunshine lotto blocks and then label them.

I've also started some quilts while combing my stash.  I've got some 5inch blocks started for a simple patchwork quilt.
And some greens for a 16 block, HST block quilt.

With this done, now I need to go work on a batch of peach salsa.
 

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the quilt in progress - how bright and crisp! Good gleaning of your blocks and love the storage/labeling. Ready for the next time of play.