Sunday, September 28, 2014

Whew! Some Finishes!

Yesterday, at the end of the day, I took a rest!  I'd finished this little number as a table topper and I'm so glad I did.

I finished it with Swirls by Pattilou  :) inspired by Swirls by Jamie

I finished the border in organic lines.
The jars of dried tomatoes are starting to line up.  After I found I couldn't give my tomatoes away and that taking them all around to friends I knew in a circumference of more than 100 miles would take awhile, I took to drying them.
and roasting them and then making a yummy sauce.
I froze gazillions of New Mexico Chilies in ice cub trays after I'd chopped them in the blender.  What took so long with that is that I don't have a lot of room in the freezer to place the trays.  But that is done and I didn't think I needed gloves to do that, as hubby had deseeded the peppers.  Wrong!  My hands were quite warm!  I tried a recipe that used tomatoes to make an enchilada sauce and then I made enchiladas for us and for our son who will have some minor surgery this week.  That sauce only took three chilies, but it was so much better than canned enchilada sauce.  I may freeze some.  Now to find ways to use these lovely dried tomatoes.  Just eating them is like eating candy!  They are sooooo darn good.  This is the first time I'd dried tomatoes and it won't be the last!

Anyhow, I just have two boxes of tomatoes left and then those on the vines. 



We will celebrate the 75th anniversary by going to the movie Gone With the Wind.
 

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely finish! I am making the last pot of sauce for the year. Oh, just loved Gone With the Wind - enjoy.

Helen in the UK said...

Gosh you've been busy. Dried tomatoes make a great pesto - blitz 2oz with 2 garlic cloves, 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts, half tsp. chilli flakes, 5-6 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar and black pepper to season. Can be used on pasta, boiled potatoes/veggies, as a spread in sandwiches, etc. HTH :)

Helen in the UK said...

Forgot to say ... place in a small container (ramekin dish) and cover top with olive oil. Will keep for a week or more in the fridge, or months in the freezer. If it gets dry, just add some more olive oil :)