Monday, December 1, 2014

Time Changes One's Perspective

A quilt I quilted last summer was one I thought I'd keep.  I spent hours on the quilting.  I was practicing feathers and another technique and I didn't want to give that away. 

Since I'm not in the process of doing any kind of a trunk show, I've decided to throw this in with some other quilts to give to Quilts Beyond Borders Here

Deep inside me I realize that what these people need is more equality so that they can get their food, their lodging and the basic needs met, but until that happens, I can give my quilts as meager as that may seem.

Here is the quilt and you'll recognize the fabric as that I am using for charming stars also.

I also finished these this week.  I tried some more of the McTavish design I've watched on You Tube channels.  It's my own version.
and a close up the Pattilou McTavish
 
And this one that was in the basket awaiting gifting
 

 
 
And then this one was made from some HST's I had and didn't want to use in more Jacob's Ladder blocks.  (After a queen size quilt that is awaiting quilting)
 
 



And then this was quilted, but will probably go to Project Linus because of the amount of white in it.

And this will go to Project Linus too.
 

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love to see quilters gift on - it is not meager, you are giving someone a huge hug that is desperately needed. Well done my dear!

Helen in the UK said...

Great job as always :)

knitnkwilt said...

I may have said I like these before, but I'll say it again. Can't pick a favorite though.